Anyone who has had Mistitis knows what I am talking about. I had my second trip to the doctor today for this. I went to Urgent Care on Sunday, and got the antibiotics. I finished them as prescibed last night, so I thought it was all over. Boy was I wrong! This afternoon my sister was over with her beautiful kids and I started getting the pain all over again- maybe even worse. I went into the doctor hoping to get seen at Urgent Care again, come to find out its not open during the day, so I would need to wait for an appointment. I think I was sent an angel at the front desk who saw the pain in my eyes, and went ahead and started looking for open appointments at any of the offices within a 20 mile radius. She found me an appointment for about an hour later, so I was seen and again prescribed an antibiotic. This doctor told me that I should have had a 7-10 day dose, but was only given 5 days. So I'm hoping these extra meds take care of it for good. Has anyone else had this? If so, does it just keep coming back if you continue to nurse? I definately don't want to feel that pain again anytime soon.
On a positive note- while waiting for the doctor I was able to read quite a bit from my new obsession "twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. My sister handed it off to me after she finished all 3 books in about 3 weeks! I don't think I will finish them that quick, but I sure am enjoying having a fun book to read.
Thanks to all my family- especially Janell- for caring for me and my kids today through this painful ordeal.
12 comments:
Love you sis! Hope you feel better!
YES I KNOW YOUR PAIN!! I too got it one sunday night when i first had mason, thinking it was the flu (because of the violent shaking and chills), and then figured out what it actually was-it went away with the meds and then it came back just like yours did.....it for sure is the worst thing- yes it can keep coming back.......but you should be fine! ( I hope) it is very hard to function with that type of pain going on.....if it does come back let me know and ill come grab capri-!!
Unfortunately I was once there too...I had it with Ethan. HORRIBLE, but luckily mine did not come back after the one time and the antibiotics. So, hopefully this will be it for you! Let me know if you need anything!!!
I had it with both kids. With Paige it was at 6 months so I just stopped nursing and with the meds it went away. With Brynn I got it at 2 weeks. The meds took care of it again and I never got it back. I think with this next baby I am just going to ask for meds when I deliver so I can have them in stock since its bound to happen again :)
Yikes, I had never even heard about it but I read about it online and it sounds pretty painful! I am just reading the Twilight books as well. I'm on the third one. They're pretty good. I'm excited for the movie.
yes, even in the OLD days you could get mastitis! I had it very bad, but what's worse is that back then they told me I had to stop nursing cold turkey" it made it even worse, that I believe is the sickest I've ever been in my life.
the medicine starting working, I started breast feeding again and life got better.
take care
Sorry to say I've had it more than once. I think it's been three times. But none as bad as with Sydney the first time. Shaking, chills, I thought I was dying. Who knew it was just my boobs hurting. You should be fine with the longer meds. (fingers crossed) Good luck.
I never had mistisis but both my kids and I had thrush and it was terrible! Anythig that has to do with your boobs (sorry men or if anyone is offended by that word;) and sickness just sucks. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Hot baths and showers really help - hang in there!
Oh, and you have been TAGGED!
Hot baths and showers really help - hang in there!
Oh, and you have been TAGGED!
YIKES! I never had that until Malakai....and for some reason I had it like 7 times with him. It is a KILLER! If you NURSE like CRAZY when you first feel the slightest discomfort, sometimes you can catch it before it turns full blown death.\"/ I am so sorry! It is crazy painful. Keep an eye out for THRUSH after doses of antibiotics! Good luck!
Thanks for all your comments. Now at least I don't feel like I am alone in this. I am still having pain, and have now been to the doctor 3 times. Still on antibiotics and pain medicine, but hopeful it will get better.
Post a Comment