Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sacramento Trip


Kirk and I flew out on Saturday morning from Ontario, and arrived in Sacramento safely and in a timely manner. Luckily I had no major problems with the elevation. I have learned to be cautious and take decongestant before every flight. This has alleviated some major pain that I have had in the past. Every time I used to fly I would feel like my head was going to explode, so I am very excited when a flight consists of only 10-15 minutes of pain (rather than days of pain that I have experienced in the past).

We had a wonderful evening at the MADD awards. The food was only so so, but their was some unexpected entertainment consisting of cloggers, a hip-hop group, and some type of Hawiian or Tongan dancing when the guys yell and hit their arms and stomachs (if anyone knows what this is called let me know so I can properly label it). Kirk and I spent time with his Captain and his wife. They were very nice, and his wife and I surprisingly had a lot in common.


Enjoying the moment at the MADD awards

Over the weekend we were able to go to Sutter's fort, visit the State Capital Building, enjoyed the beautiful rose garden, went shopping in Old Town Sacramento, and ate at Joe's Crab Shack overlooking the river. It was so nice to have a break away from the kids with just Kirk and I. I did have the constant reminder of Hudson at home everytime my milk let down, but other than that I worried little about the kids. We had a fun time cruising around in our Chevy Aveo rental car- it gave us something to laugh about everytime we were driving somewhere. The good thing was that it got great gas mileage! I never did get a picture of it, but if you are interested I'm sure you can find a picture of it online to laugh at.


Sutter's fort- down the the old jail

State Capital Building



Beautiful Rose Garden

We found this great family owned ice cream store. All the ice cream was homemade, so since we were on vacation we decided to splurge on the calories and go for the brownie delight with cookie dough ice cream. Well worth the calories, and the $7.oo price tag!



We had some plane delays on the way home, and spent a little more time in the airport then we had hoped, but we made it home safe and sound.
Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible- Mom, Russell, Jason, Joseph, Joy, Jessica, and Janell. We love you guys!!!

6 comments:

the monroe family said...

looks like you both had a wonderful time together. love the pictures

Janell said...

What a fun trip! I didn't realize you did so much sight-seeing :) Love the new layout... was it easy? I forgot that Friday I have a doctors appointment, what new, I'm still forgetting everything these days! We almost went to Disneyland this afternoon and it wasn't until almost 5:00 that I realized I had told my neighbor I'd babysit for her! Good thing we decided not to go! Play day tomorrow after preschool??? Want to dome over for dinner???
Janell

Tanya said...

Love the pictures of the capital building, so pretty! Looks like a fun little break.

Arica said...

Hey Joanna! Janell found Ash & I, and that led me to you! We love you guys, and it'll be fun to watch your family grow. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a GREAT TIME!! ;) MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Arica said...

Yes, those books do bring a little bit of neglect with them.. because once you start number 1 you can't stop till you've run out of books to read.. haha. I'm trying to get Ash to read them.