Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bad Genes!

For obvious reasons, this little guy headed to the doc this week!



I was freaking out a bit that he had fifth disease...aka slap disease because of these rosy red cheeks he had. Come to find out that the diagnosis is something very familiar to me (since I have been dealing with it since infancy)....ECZEMA!!! I didn't think that was the problem because I had put cortizone cream on it and it didn't seem to help, and Hudson hasn't been itching or anything. Apparently a stronger cortizone was needed for this outbreak, and eczema on the face isn't always as itchy as on the body.
This was not his only diagnosis! He also had a double ear infection and pink eye- yuck! Glad I didn't take him to church this week or out anywhere (the real reason is because I was worried about people staring at him because of his rosy cheeks), but at least it kept him from spreading the dreaded pink eye.
I'm sure he is feeling much better now with the meds he is on- he is definitely looking better! I'm grateful for good health insurace because I have a feeling I am going to be using it a lot with this little guy. (I never posted anything about his 2 doc visits last month due to his fractured collarbone- long story, but I have a feeling this little dare devil is going to keep me familiar with the doctor office in the upcoming years)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Even with his eczemza, he is sooo cute!

Janell said...

I love this little stinker... wanted to take steal him from the Kids Club today and take him home with me!

bladhfamily said...

Pink eye again. He can't get a break.

Jenn said...

Poor lil guy! Sick kids are not very fun. I agree, pink eye is probably one of the worst things they can get. Colt got chicken pox at 8 months, that was interesting. Good luck with the little man, hope he feels better soon.

Michelle said...

Poor little guy. Damon had eczema really bad on his legs at that age. He outgrew it though, thank goodness!!