Saturday, April 18, 2009

Irvine Park

Since Kirk was on call all week we couldn't go out of town for Bruin's spring break. We had to find something close to home to do on his days off. I was searching online for something inexpensive, but a little special for a family day trip. I fell upon several great ideas and we finally decided on Irvine Park (since Kirk had heard of it and knew the location). So off we went .

First, we took a stroll around to check out the place, and attempted to feed the not so hungry ducks. I have never before seen such an uninterested set of ducks!!! I promise our bread wasn't even stale! Took a shot of the kids with the dog/man statue- don't ask me why, but this is our only pic with all 3 of them together.

Next, we rented a boat/bike thing and took turns going for rides. Bruin was nervous at first, so Capri went first with Dad.

When Dad's legs got tired of peddling I took Bruin for a ride.

Then Kirk and I took Hudson for a spin. The older 2 ran around the edge of the lake chasing after us and taking pictures. We returned the boat/bike thing when our legs felt like jello and we couldn't peddle one more time. If you are looking for a great leg workout this is the thing to try!

The older 2 kids and Dad took a bike/scooter ride while I attempted to take Hudson to the park, which somehow turned into a peacock/Hudson chase. Imagine me running after them trying to get a good shot (obviously that time never came because this is the shot I am posting). This peacock apparently just wanders around the park all day. There is a zoo in one area, so maybe it had escaped or something? Hmmm, still wondering.

When the 2 kids and Dad returned we headed over to another park area where the kids played on the equipment, and Bruin showed off his monkey bar skills. It was a nice day. We will probably be returning again to check out the train, pony rides, and little OC zoo that the we didn't get to do that day. Only a $3 entry fee, and the extra little things aren't really all that outrageously priced either.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

awww fun day!!!!

ERIN said...

wow sounds like alot of fun

Janell said...

cute post. Love the picture of Hudson chasing the peacock, wish I was there to watch that one!

the monroe family said...

looks like fun...our family just might have to go there :)