Kirk was bored today, so he decided to take on the painting project that I have been wanted done since Capri's little "accident" a while back- remember the flood? So now I have freshly painted walls and all my pictures back up- hooray!
Bruin, Capri and Hudson were locked upstairs (via baby gate) while Kirk and I got the room completed.
My favorite quotes of the day...
Capri: "I love the smell when you paint mommy" (sniffing the completed wall)
Bruin: "Are you guys almost done yet?" I didn't respond, so he started sniffing the walls and exclaimed, "I can tell when they are done if I smell them" (followed by sniffing each wall around the room to see if we were almost done).
At least the paints these days are much less harmful than they used to be!
The upstairs was a wreck, but it was definitely worth the satisfaction of having the painting complete. We took the kids out for McDs ice cream- mostly because I felt like they had been neglected during this 3 hour painting session. Now I'm looking forward to starting the tile search. Do these projects ever end?
2 comments:
YEAH! At least a nasty, smelly project is completed. Tile will be fun (and less stinky)! And to think its alll almost done. Your kids are too cute.
I've been reading your posts but have been SO crazy busy to respond. So I have chosen the midnight hour to let you know we still think about you guys! :)
Can't wait to see the house all put back together :)
And no... the projects don't end... ever!
Post a Comment