Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The best $50 spent!

Our Summer Vacation just a few months early

Kirk and I decided that we needed a family vacation with just us and our kids. Every summer we do camping with all our extended family and love it, so we thought we would try it with just us (thanks Janell for the recommendation) So I booked us two nights at Leo Carrillo, packed up the van up to the brim and we headed out.
We played in the sand, hit some homeruns, did some jumproping with kelp (my exercise plan since I missed the gym), and did some rock climbing.(Although there was quite a chill Capri still couldn't head to the beach without her new suit on. And if you were wondering, I did do her hair several times a day, but most of the pictures look like this anyways)


In the evening we cooked some smores, and relaxed around the campfire.

It was so enjoyable watching the kids interact so well with no other friends/cousins, no television, no computer. All of our attention was focused on the family, and that is the way it is truely supposed to be. No cell phones, no computer, housecleaning, or television to distract us. I am already doing some research for our next family vacation.
ITS OVER?


We made one last stop at Zuma beach on the way out. Kirk and I were huddled up on the beach chairs using the towels as blankets while the kids did this. I guess kids are pretty resilient to weather conditions, and the adults are just big babies.




6 comments:

Hangin with the Burke's said...

How fun and the kids just look so happy!

the monroe family said...

looks like you had a wonderful time!!

Tiffany J said...

I'm glad you had a great time! We went to the beach last night for a late FHE and it was FREEZING! I totally thought of you and kirk huddled together under a blanket...that was all of us last night! ha ha

Heidi Prince said...

gosh your kids are adorable!

Jennifer said...

How adorable! Mark and I are packing the kids up and going camping too.. I am sooooooo excited.. this place looks really neat by the beach!

The Okamoto Clan said...

I saw this post a while back and totally forgot to tell you that Ashlyn and Capri are twins! I had already bought her that same swimsuit! Isn't it adorable??? Cute pics!