Tuesday, April 7, 2009

If you Give a Pig A Pancake field trip

I was one of the lucky moms chosen to go on a field trip with Bruin's kindergarten class. Each class was only allowed 4 moms, and Bruin's teacher had about 12 moms wanting to go. After a "drawing" (AKA the teacher choosing which moms she wanted to come) I was told that I was chosen.
First we all rode on a school bus (Bruin's first bus ride)


Then we ate lunch at a park and played on the playground. Bruin was proud to show me how he has mastered the monkey bars, so this is him waiting in line for his turn to go across. I know he has been practicing at school because he has come home with the blisters to show it.

My little Green group (see the green bows) eating lunch. The little girl in the first picture was also in the group. It was funny seeing some of the moms so overwhelmed keeping track of 4 kids- cake for me!!! Hmmmmm does that mean its getting close to that time... haha.


Then we went to Citrus College and watched a storybook play/musical. The performers acted out 6 different storybooks and the children loved it! Their favorite was IF YOU GIVE A PIG A PANCAKE.
This is Bruin with 3 of his church Buddies waiting in line for the play. (I never noticed Bruin's height until I saw this picture. My kids are all going to be giants!!!)

I'm so glad that my Bruin was so excited that I was able to go with him on his first bus ride and first field trip. He is such a sweet boy and continuously gave me hugs, kisses, and held my hand throughout the day.




2 comments:

The Moss' said...

Enjoy the days when he hugs you in public (i remember when my brother told my mom it wasn't cool anymore :(. So #4 coming to the Salmon family soon? :) Glad Bruin had a fun field trip and that you got to go too!

ERIN said...

omg that sounds like sooo much fun i remember my first feild trip and it was to a duck pond/farm. bruin got lucky to go to a play.