Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter delayed

Its been a pretty hectic week, so here is our Easter just a bit delayed. Yes, my kids participated in 3 Egg hunts, so that describes the picture overload. I also have to mention that I took a lot of pictures and videos since Kirk wasn't able to make it to a single celebration this year.

Hunt #1: Grandpa and Grandma Salmon's house. We had a yummy barbecue, special Easter lesson, and then the hunt was on! The adults also had the new traditional money egg game. Each couple takes a turn choosing from a carton full of plastic eggs, some are filled with money (ranging from 75 cents-$3) and some with candy. It is hilarious how into it we get. I was the big money maker- $6 woot woot (I'm reliving the excitement now).




Hunt #2: Grandma Monroe and Grandpa Mark's house. Grandpa Mark had a day of surprises ready for the kids. Easter coloring pages, pin the tail on the Easter bunny, a yummy lunch, an Easter lesson, jellybean hunt, and finally the Easter Egg hunt. The kids love their special trips down to San Diego. I love all the memories I have going to my Grandma's house as a small child. I promise you that my Grandma's house is so magical!!! I love the way her wind chimes blow in the wind, I love the bushes and trees she has (perfect for hiding behind during a game of hide-and-seek), and the memories of making cookies in her kitchen. I'm glad that my kids are making memories there as well. Thanks for having us all there! My favorite part of the day was meeting my nephew Reid for the first time (cute baby next to Capri). Isn't his face to die for!?!

Hunt #3: Grandma and Grandpa Heaps' house. It was a day filled with family and fun. The kids played in their dream park (grandma's backyard), took rides on Grandpa Russell's ATV (Hudson's favorite), and had the most awesome Easter egg hunt ever! The best part about Easter there is having the best backyard ever to hide Easter eggs in. This picture doesn't do justice, but those huge calalillies are my favorite Easter egg hiding spot. There were probably about 30 eggs just in that flower bed alone! Hudson finally figured out the egg hunt thing by #3=a basket full of eggs and he sat down after the hunt to check out the loot. He would try to stick candy (wrapping in all) into his mouth, and would toss any money eggs to the side.



The Salmon family loves Easter! It is a special time to celebrate the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us so we can return to our Father in Heaven and be with our family for eternity. What a great blessing that is!!!

1 comment:

Janell said...

can i just copy and paste this post into my blog...ha ha!