This morning we headed over to our ward's park day. I quickly realized once we exited the van that we should not be at the park, but rather at the pool. I put a call into Janell warning her of the heat, and told her to bring their swimsuits in case the kids got too hot. We still stuck around for a while since I had called around and made a few invites. The kids played for a while, but their poor faces were bright red, and they needed lots of liquids.
After the park we headed back home and had a quick lunch- then Janell and her clan, and me and my clan headed over to the pool. We were excited to be in our new Modbe swimsuits and looking fly, but the reality of what our summer was going to be like set in when both of us were unable to go swimming because we were holding our infants. Hudson doesn't care for being outside much as it is (probably not a bad thing because he is so fair), and when I dipped his feet into the pool or tried to put water on him at all he would just scream.
This is where your help comes in. I'm hoping that he will become accustomed to the water, and I need to know of the best floating devices for infants and where to find one. If there is are any other items that helped you care for your infant at the pool/beach let me know. I want to be able to take the kids to the pool, and for it to be an enjoyable experience for all.
Thanks.
6 comments:
A playpen in the shade.\"/ It is sooooooo hard having babies in the pool....especially when you have other swimmers that you are responsible for. Isaac was a summer baby...that also did not like the water. The infant floaties they sell are NOT trustworthy... The BIG rings that they sit in, and have a canopy over....A few times, I was HOLDING the ring... but watching the other kids, and did not realize the baby's mouth and nose were like submerged...because he had leaned forward a little. NOT SAFE even if you are RIGHT there holding on to it....you have to like hold the baby in the fully upright position. Maybe someone else has a better floatie to recommend. I thought I was getting the best one.... it was like $15.... I will have to check back and see what others recommend.
I agree with Kim. I think the play pen would be best. We got one that is Graco sport pen that has a sunproof shade on it.
i think that this spring float works better than the boats do, even though that is what i had with paige, but i only had one kid then. im just going to find a small pool to put hardly any water in to have him sit in the backyard since we dont have a pool this year. good luck :)
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6650&cmSource=Search
I am so glad that you posted this. We have a pool in our back yard and I have been wondering the same thing. I suppose that I could just take Grant out when Grace is sleeping....but things don't always work out that way. I like the play pen idea. I don't have a ton of experience with floating devices but we like the one that has the air in the middle around the baby and a mesh ring around the outside (does that make sense?) Good luck and let me know what works for you!
I think I had a mini blow up pool I had Baby James sit in and splash around, but that was at Pepperwood...I'd follow Kim's advice and do a playpen! I'm glad to hear you're doing a bit better with nursing, hopefully! What a bummmer...I didn't know about yeast infections up there either! Good to know...not that you want to share your entire life story, but it's helpful to the rest of us! Your kids are just SO DARLING! I've heard SO MANY good things about Wicked and have yet to see it! It seems like it comes to town after we move from that town!
I wish I had good ideas for you. But anything with shade always worked for me and hats. I have a favor to ask. I am trying to send out Nicos birthday invites and the directory I have is 2007 and there are some addresses I don't have. Your's being one, Nicos wants bruin to come, so if possible would you mind emailing me your address and the pecks, and stempinskis if you have them. Thanks Rachel my email
djfiveo@yahoo.com
http://www.rightstart.com/global/store/product~item~5369~dept~promotions~cat~seasonal+shop.html
Go to the above link...I never saw them until my kids were too big for them...I would have bought one in a heartbeat. Just add a wide brimmed hat and it may work! Good Luck.
Post a Comment